Time to hit the Pause Button
Thank goodness I do not have a title for this blog, as my posts have been, well, a bit all over the map lately. Not quite ramblings of a mad man, but close. This may give you the idea that I have random disconnected thoughts. Well, I do, and to make sense of them I write and often realize that there are connections. Here is the thing, writing forces me to focus, think through the idea, put fingers to keyboard and see if it makes sense. Twitter fits into this category, as squeezing a rational thought into 140 characters that does not feel like a sound bite is hard.
A few weeks ago, I was away from work, away from Skype, away from email (well, mostly) and I tried to focus on nothing, intentionally. The Euro Cup was on, I tried to avoid social networks. At first, I failed miserably, yep, I missed the news, current events, technology gossip (Ciboodle was part of it) and watching the flow of information. After a few days, it was easy, I read a few fiction books, watched soccer, had a few drinks and did relax. I did not spend time writing either.
Here is what I learned:
- I am (many of us are) too connected, therefore I/we lose touch with people who are not as connected as I am (we are).
- Things (change, technology,…) are moving at a pace that borders on bizarre, caution advised.
- Keeping up with everything is nearly impossible, you will lose your hair trying; focus.
- I need to read more foundational works, not just others interpretation of them.
- Hitting the pause button gives a perspective that I think many people need right now. I know I did.
I will stop there before I get philosophical, then I will really get myself in trouble. Enjoy the weekend.
- There is a Big Difference Between Can’t and Won’t
- Stop Thinking in Two Dimensions
- No Beginning, No Middle and No End
- Rethinking the Customer Journey
- The Simplest Thing I Ever Had to Write
- Context Integration, the Future of System to System Interactions
- The Evolution of Customer Community
- The Fine Line Between Personalization and Creepy
- Experience Innovation
- Maybe We are Using the Wrong Words to Describe Collaboration
- It is awesome having friends in the many corners of the World! @prem_k @PaulSweeney @wimrampen @MarkTamis @mikeboysen #insomnia :-) 7 hours ago
- @prem_k Let's just call it a bot and go back to circa 2001 :-) 8 hours ago
- .@Uber_Support The unskilled driver and danger caused angst and a lost 45 minutes of time. #custserv 8 hours ago
- .@Uber_Support I did and it took 3 interactions to convince @Uber to go back to the original quote when the whole ride should be comped 8 hours ago
- @prem_k Funny how a Chatbot can be run by pure boolean logic 8 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.