Sales is much more than just sales people
There was an interesting thread on Twitter this morning, and it has become difficult to push the conversation to where it needs to go in 140 characters. This is not a naming debate, by any stretch – this is probably better described as a process debate – among friends and peers (in other words, play nice!)
The conversation started with:
Then John Moore and I started a separate thread, which became more detailed and hard to convey the true thoughts in 140 characters. So, just as Leads transition from Marketing to Sales, we are transitioning from Twitter to a Blog. Interesting metaphor in and of itself. John pointed me to a post he wrote a few months ago, a fair reminder
Core to the issue that more and more vendors are putting the ownership of the process to obtain customers in Marketing’s capable hands (duh, it has always been there). But, who owns the relationship with the prospective customer? Is there a cold hand-off, a warm hand-off? What is the sales persons role? When do they take ownership of the relationship?After all, people like doing business with people they trust, so this is the sales person, right? What are the dependencies?
So, inviting an open debate, so that I am able to learn with everyone, please add your comments below.
- There is a Big Difference Between Can’t and Won’t
- Stop Thinking in Two Dimensions
- No Beginning, No Middle and No End
- Rethinking the Customer Journey
- The Simplest Thing I Ever Had to Write
- Context Integration, the Future of System to System Interactions
- The Evolution of Customer Community
- The Fine Line Between Personalization and Creepy
- Experience Innovation
- Maybe We are Using the Wrong Words to Describe Collaboration
- It is awesome having friends in the many corners of the World! @prem_k @PaulSweeney @wimrampen @MarkTamis @mikeboysen #insomnia :-) 8 hours ago
- @prem_k Let's just call it a bot and go back to circa 2001 :-) 8 hours ago
- .@Uber_Support The unskilled driver and danger caused angst and a lost 45 minutes of time. #custserv 8 hours ago
- .@Uber_Support I did and it took 3 interactions to convince @Uber to go back to the original quote when the whole ride should be comped 8 hours ago
- @prem_k Funny how a Chatbot can be run by pure boolean logic 8 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.